Life Skills Training
Learn how to live healthier independent lives.
Life Skills Training helps clients achieve sobriety by teaching them skills of healthy independent living and how to joyfully perform day-to-day tasks without drugs or alcohol. Like all of ULOC’s therapies, Life Skills work to establish positive behaviors that benefit clients long into the future. Life Skills Therapy guides clients on basic tasks such as shop for groceries, personal hygiene, prepare nutritious meals, and take care of their home. Albeit, these are common daily skills, oftentimes they need to be rethought or simply followed more closely to regain a sense of control and self-respect. Other crucial skills such as interviewing techniques, dressing for success, and financial literacy are sometimes completely overlooked in a more test-focus curriculum. ULOC provides a broadening of life skills to ensure that our clients are afforded the opportunity to live independent, healthier happier lives, whether starting a new life after therapy or returning home.
Life Skills Training activities include but are not limited to:
- Writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Resume writing and job seeking skills
- Activities of daily living such as cooking and food preparation, washing of clothes and dishes, and maintaining a clean environment
- Self-esteem and confidence building
- Dressing professionally using the attire they currently possess
- Goal setting
- Leadership skills
- Giving group presentations and discussions
- Physical exercise
- Positive risk taking