Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Healthy thinking leads to healthy behavior.
At ULOC Center’s Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is based on the premise that one’s own thoughts and feelings cause certain behaviors as opposed to other people, situations or things. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy works to alter the way each client thinks, feels, and acts in a positive way even when the people and situations around them remain negative.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) focuses on treating problems and boosting happiness by modifying dysfunctional emotions, behaviors, and thoughts. Simply put, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy works to change the way a person thinks.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy activities include:
- Identifying unhealthy thinking
- Building self-esteem and confidence
- Working on trust-building
- Developing coping skills
- Creating thought journals
- Developing relaxation and positive self-talk techniques
- Setting goals
- Learning exercises to increase your ability to “be here now”
- Creating personal action plans
- Expressing and resolving feelings
- Understanding self-care